July 13, 2018 2 min read
Hello, sweet teeths. Today we want to celebrate the pleasure of cooking desserts at home. There’s no need to feel guilty over things that make you feel comfortable. After all, it’s winter time, so cooking helps with warming up rooms and filling homes with pleasant aromas. We don’t think that it’s a coincidence that cozy, cookies and cooking, begin with the same letter. Let’s wipe the dust from the oven and spare an hour to bake some meringue cookies. The crispy cookies and the meringue just melt in your mouth, so there’s nothing else to add, just your favourite tea or coffee.
- Put the flour and the baking powder in a large bowl and mix them together with a wooden spoon.
- Grate the cold butter and mix it into the bowl with flour using your hands until the dough turns into crumbles.
- Mix the sour cream and egg yolks together and add them to the dough.
- Knead the dough. You should end up with a solid mass that does not stick to your hands. If it’s still wet and sticky, add some more flour.
- Cover the dough and put into the fridge to harden for 15 minutes.
- Whip up the egg whites with the sugar in a separate bowl until you stiff peaks form.
- Take the dough from the fridge and cut it into 4 parts.
- Roll up the dough, so you will get 4 round thin sheets.
- Cut each sheet into 12 equal triangles and spread some of the egg white mixture on them.
- Roll the triangles, starting from the wide side, and put them on the baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Heat oven to 180 C/350 F and cook for 15 minutes.
- You will have some of the sweet egg mixture left, so take the cookies from the oven, brush the mixture on top and put them into oven for another 5 minutes.
It's as easy as that.
January 05, 2022 9 min read
Our love for natural fabrics is endless! Learn more about hemp bedding collection - a new sustainable and environment-friendly offer for you. ► Read now
December 28, 2021 7 min read
Linen tea towels are a perfect definition of practicality and aesthetic. You can use them in the kitchen. Find here the importance of tea towels. ► Read now
December 21, 2021 9 min read
Christmas is meaningful because you spend it with your family. Slow down and enjoy the moment around the dinner table decorated with linen. ► Read now
We share beautiful news so don't miss new stories and special offers from Linen Tales